Happy Monday, everyone!
Apple season is upon us and the orchards are open for business. My advice for this week is this: go spend some well-deserved quality time at the orchard and buy an entire bag of apples.
Once you’ve got your bag of locally grown apples in hand, here’s what to do with them.
1. Eat them plain. Apples are naturally crisp and refreshing, and if you have been eating Oreo’s they’re great for getting the black cookie crumbs out of your teeth.
2. Make applesauce. It’s so easy and you probably already have the ingredients in your dorm or apartment. Recipe here.
3. Dip those babies in caramel. You can’t go wrong with caramel and apples.
4. Make applewiches! When I was little, my grandma used to make these for me as a snack. All it takes is a couple apple slices and a slice of colby jack cheese in the middle. Not only are they delicious, but they are also incredibly healthy.
5. Got a crockpot? Make apple butter. It’s easy to make and it can be canned to last all year. Recipe here.